Month by month Christmas 2020 planning guide
Over the last ten plus years I have been collecting, and refining Christmas Planning tips and tricks. I have broken these down into helpful month by month Christmas Planning to-do lists. I update these on a regular basis based on feedback received from my followers and new developments. If you have a great piece of planning advice that I’ve missed do please get in touch as I would love to hear from you.
- Update or create Christmas card and gift list so you have a clear idea about how many Christmas cards and gifts you need to buy.
- Set your overall budget for cards, gift wrap, presents, food and drink for Christmas. If possible try and break this down month by month so that you can spread the cost of buying your Christmas presents over the next few months.
- Spread the cost by buying ingredients for your Christmas Cake and Pudding, Pickles, Mincemeat etc a few at a time each week, rather than all at once. Make a list of everything you’re going to need and start ticking off the items as you buy them. Just don’t be tempted to eat them before Christmas.
- If you shop online, now is the time to secure your ideal Christmas delivery slot.
- If you haven’t already, book Christmas events, hotels, travel etc.
- Book your Christmas hair and beauty appointments
- Write your Christmas cards and buy stamps – save money by being organised and posting your cards early using second class stamps.
- Don’t forget Mix-up Sunday or Stir-up Sunday on the last Sunday in the month. This is the perfect day to make your Christmas puddings and Christmas Cake.
- Stock up on sellotape for all the parcels you’ve got to do up this Christmas. If you haven’t got one I recommend treating yourself a proper sellotape dispenser as it can help speed up your wrapping.
- Keep an eye on the last post dates.
- If you haven’t already agreed venues for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day with family and friends it’s best to get this agreed as early as possible.
- Try and keep a few spare items at home which will make good last minute gifts for people you may have forgotten.